Sunday 13 July 2014

OPI Neon Collection 2014

I've finally finished testing out all of this year's OPI neon collection, and it's definitely a winner! There are six shades all of which dry with a semi matte finish, here's what I think!


Left to right: Juice Bar Hopping, Life Gave Me Lemons and You Are So Outta Lime!

Juice Bar Hopping is a very bright orange, which has the glossiest finish of all the polishes without top coat, and also has one of the easiest formulas to work with.

Life Gave Me Lemons is a true highlighter yellow with a very slight green undertone to it in some lights. I was surprised by how much I love this colour and by how flattering it is on my skin!

You Are So Outta Lime was again surprisingly flattering on my skin, it is a beautiful bright green, though it isn't particularly neon, it is still a very bright colour.

I did find that these three were most likely to stain your nails if you don't use a base coat under them.


Left to right: Hotter Than You Pink, Down to the Core-al, Push and Pur-pull.


Hotter Than You Pink is a beautiful neon hot pink with an iridescent purple shine to it. This polish and Down to the Core-al probable had the worst formulas of the collection as they were slightly streaky on first application, but they were easily evened out with another coat or two.


Down to the Core-al is similar to Hotter Than You Pink as it also has an iridescent shimmer to it, though this time it is a pink duo-chrome effect to it. 


Push and Pur-pul is definitely the least neon in the collection, but it is still a beautiful purple that I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of. This polish has more of a jelly formula than a creme finish like the others.


Overall I'm in love with this entire collection, and can definitely see myself buying the full sizes in the not so distant future for the majority of them!


Alice xx


No comments:

Post a Comment