Tuesday 26 August 2014

Recent Reads: We Were Liars





During the summer or over the holidays is when I get the majority of my reading done. There's nothing better than relaxing in the garden or on the beach with a good book. One of the books I finished recently was We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.

We Were Liars follows the story of Candace Sinclair and her summers on the family's private island off the coast of Massachusetts, and her return to the island two years after a terrible accident. Candace with the help of her cousins 'the Liars' returns to the island to begin piecing together that gaps in her memory from that fateful summer.

I was hooked to this book after the first chapter or so, and finished it in only a day. The writing of the book had me guessing at the ending throughout as hints are left within chapter that you don't realise until the end of the book. I think re-reading this would be really interesting as you would be able to pick up on the clues in the earlier chapters that hit towards what we find out at the end of the book.

Overall I would highly recommend this book to both teenagers and young adults.

Alice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment