Tuesday 14 October 2014

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat




One thing I have learnt is that even if you have oily skin, you still need to use a moisturiser. Avoiding it, and just using stripping products on the sin can have the opposite effect, and lead to your skin becoming oilier as a result. Using moisturiser can help balance things out, and can lead to your skin producing fewer excess oils.

I had been using the Body Shop Vitamin E moisturiser, which I still love, but on the recommendation of a friend I decided to try out the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat moisturiser. This is a moisturiser designed to help regulate the oils your skin produces, reduce shine, and reduce enlarged pores. It is even supposed to work as a great makeup base. 

I've been using it for a few weeks now, and it does work really well as a daily moisturiser underneath my foundation, and it does seem to help prevent my skin form getting too oily and shiny throughout the day. I personally haven't really noticed much of a difference in my pores, other than them being slightly blurred when I use it under my foundation, but this may just be because I haven't been using it for that long yet.

One thing I was slightly concerned about was the scent of it, as it does have a light almost floral scent to it, which I was worried might irritate my skin, or linger, but that didn't turn out to be a problem. Once it had been worked into the skin the smell didn't linger for long, and didn't cause any irritation.

It's not the cheapest moisturiser at £14, but it doesn't break the bank either. I think if you have oily skin like me, it's definitely one to at least try.

No comments:

Post a Comment