Friday 26 December 2014

Baileys Hot Chocolate





One of my favourite drinks this time of year is hot chocolate and I have two favourites; Baileys hot chocolate and Nutella hot chocolate (recipe to come).

Here's what you'll need:
1 cup of milk (I usually just measure it using the mug I'm using)
1-2 tsp cocoa powder 
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 shot of Baileys original (also good with mint or coffee flavoured baileys)

I think when you're making cocoa it always tasted best when you've heated it all up on the hob. For this hot chocolate I start by mixing the cocoa powder into a paste with a little bit of the milk, I then add the rest of the milk and the sugar to taste and heat on a medium heat until piping hot. I then remove the pan from the heat and transfer the cocoa into my mug an then stir in one shot of Baileys. It's delicious and the perfect evening treat for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment