Sunday 19 July 2015

Chai Tea Biscuits



This past weekend I got up to a bit of baking. I'd seen Taylor Swift post this picture of some chai tea cookies and knew I needed to try them! I'd had this recipe written down for months but hadn't got round to trying them yet. I finally did and I have to say they were definitely worth the wait and something I'm sure I'll be making again. They definitely didn't last long! 

They're the perfect mix of buttery biscuit and subtle spice and tea flavour. I really want to try adding chai tea to scones or cake next. If it's anything like these it'll taste great, and who doesn't love chai tea?!







Here's how I made them...


For the biscuits:
250g softened unsalted butter
140g caster sugar
300g plain flour
1 egg
2tsp vanilla extract
2 bags chai tea

For the icing:
250g icing sugar
1/2tsp cinnamon
6tsp milk or water


1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Cream together the butter and the sugar.
3. Add the egg, vanilla extract and the chai tea.
4. Add the flour and mix until it forms a dough.
5. Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface to roughly the thickness of a pound coin.
6. Cut into circles and place on a lined baking tray.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before icing.

For the icing:
Mix together the icing sugar and cinnamon and gradually add the milk to make a thick icing. All the milk may not be needed.

I think these would also taste great with maybe dark or white chocolate in or maybe some orange zest or dried cranberries. I'm definitely going to try it with dark chocolate chips next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment