Tuesday 24 June 2014

Revlon Lash Potion Review



I have been trying out both the regular formula and the waterproof formula of the Revlon Lash Potion mascara recently.




The formula for both of these initially is fairly wet, which I really don't like for the first use, but by the second or third day, they both dry out slightly and become much more manageable and easier to work with.

The mascara brush itself is fairly large, with almost a pyramid shape to it. It has three sections of longer brush hairs separated by three sections of shorter brush hairs. This helps to create a volumized and fairly dramatic lash look.




Out of the two I definitely prefer the waterproof formula, it is however almost impossible to remove! This does however mean that there's never a problem of fallout, or of smudging, which were the two main problems for me with the non-waterproof formula. After a couple hours of wearing it I would experience a small amount of fall out just under my eyes, and some of the mascara seemed to have worn off the very ends of my lashes, making them appear less lengthened than they were when I first applied the mascara. By the end of the day I would experience some smudging along my lower lash line, even though I don't usually apply mascara to my bottom lashes, and also occasionally slight smudging on my eyelid/brow bone.

Even though I personally prefer the waterproof formula of this mascara, both are amazing, and definitely favourites of mine. Let's not forget to mention how cool the packaging is! It may be what initially attracted me to this mascara in the first place, not to mention it makes it pretty easy to find in my make up bag.
Both of these are available from both Boots and Superdrug for only £7.99, and they are well worth that price tag!

What's your current favourite mascara?

Alice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment